( and FYI we didnt enter the awards because we have a policy not to enter awards you have to pay for!
Thankyou for the invitation .
Before we can finalise our decision to take up your offer of a seat at the awards dinner for the discounted price of £295 per person I would be grateful if you could answer some questions.
as an organisation promoting ethical business practices could you explain.
1. How you ensure that staff employed for the event are fairly remunerated
2. What steps your event organisers take to minimise waste.
3. What proportion of (what will surely be) an excellent meal is sourced locally
4.If any of the impressive ticket price is donated to the local community
5. Whether you make any of this information publicly available.
Thanks very much
PS this is an open letter and I will be posting it on the web.
The orignal email
I hope all is well at your end!
Although you haven’t entered this year’s Ethical Corporation Awards I thought you still would like to know how it develops.
1. The shortlisted organisations will be announced on July 17th. We are still considering the entries and getting the shortlists ready. We have some great entries this year, definitely some hard choices ahead!
2. If shmoozing among sustainability leaders sounds appealing to you, then great! You can now reserve your seat for the glamorous Awards dinner. Book before the official sales opening (July 17th) at the discounted price of £295+VAT (commercial/ corporations) and £145+VAT (NGO/ SME/ Academic) per person.
In the meantime, if you’re considering it and need more info (i.e. last year’s attendee list etc), please let me know.
All bookings at this stage are through me only. So if you wish to secure a place, then simply reply to this email.
Ethical Corporation provides business intelligence for sustainability to more than 3,000 multinational companies every year. We publish the leading responsible business magazine, website, and research reports. Our conferences are widely recognised as the best in the field of corporate responsibility and sustainability.
Ethical Corporation is part of FC Business Intelligence Ltd. FC Business Intelligence Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales – Registered number 04388971, 7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK